Ok, so here is a fun idea you can use for your blog. Here's a random picture, that without background you don't know the who, what, where, when, or why. Using this picture or others make your own story up about what happened here. (=
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Future and a fun blog idea...
So lately I’ve noticed a lot of discussion on what we want to do when you grow up. Well, a lot of it depends on High School turns out, but basically I have decided to some extent (by next week I'll probably have changed my mind). I basically have 3 colleges I want to go to and 3 fields I want to go in to. The 1st college is practical, the 2nd is a little further out there, and the 3rd is somewhere and something that very few people even know I’m interested in. If I could choose it would definitely be the third college and field, but it most likely won’t happen due to the overabundant randomness of it. Anyways, enough of my "theoreticalness"… Oh, and I want to go on a mission (Hopefully foreign speaking!). By the time I get off my mission and finish all of my schooling (which will most likely take a long time) I will probably be in my later twenties (about 26, well slight exaggeration). A problem though is that all my professions may include, and I want them to, traveling. This is the biggest problem when it comes to the next part. After I get out of schooling I plan to get married once I find the "right guy". Now here comes the part I’ve heard a lot about. I want to have a profession and a family. Most people would say that that will never happen but I don’t believe that you should have to give up everything once you get married. Yes, I know that in my religion you are to bring up your children, and I’m definitely planning on it, but I don’t want to give up all my dreams for it. Now quite a few people tell me that am just not the way it’s supposed to be. Believe me, I get it a lot. A lot of people are convinced that as a girl it just shouldn’t be like that, and who knows, it probably won’t be anything like I imagine it now. It all depends on what’s been planned in a far higher pace. Now all of this is based on your personal opinion, I can appreciate it if it goes against mine, and honestly please comment and tell me your opinions because I’d love to hear them. One thing that my sister and I have noticed is that a lot of this coincides with how you have been raised. My mother, some of my aunts, both grandma’s, and once their children were older almost all other aunts have worked. I’ll admit that I plan to go a little more professional than they did, but with a little faith hopefully it can work out.

Ok, so here is a fun idea you can use for your blog. Here's a random picture, that without background you don't know the who, what, where, when, or why. Using this picture or others make your own story up about what happened here. (=
Ok, so here is a fun idea you can use for your blog. Here's a random picture, that without background you don't know the who, what, where, when, or why. Using this picture or others make your own story up about what happened here. (=
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I believe it is possible to have a family and a profession. My parents' advice is to have at least one degree, a steady income, and a place to live before you get married/start a family. I believe this is a great idea. My parent's are doing great. They got married the day after they graduated high school, (they were engaged for 9 months though don't worry.) and have stayed together for 15 years. Both of my parents have Bachelor degree's and my mother has her Master's. My dad will be graduating with his Master's on the 22nd of April. (Yay!) If you work really hard it is possible. Knowing that it's you Sarah, you can definitely do it!
ReplyDeleteI have to do homework now so I can't post the story to go with the picture yet, but I most definitely will ASAP!!!
I want to work when I grow up, too. I have lots of aunts that work, as well as my grandma. My dad works and my mom goes to school. I think that it's totally okay for girls to go to work if they want to. True, it's not necessary, but it's fine if you want to.
ReplyDeleteI do believe, however, that we should be there to raise our children, at least when they're young and can't babysit themselves. I think that Alex's parents had very good advice. Once all that is done and you decide you want a kid, then you might want to quit your job for a while to raise him/her. (Just until they can babysit themselves and your other children, if you decide to have more.)
Really, I haven't planned out my future too much, so it all depends on what you want to do. :)
My mom has talked to me about some of this stuff, so here is my input. I think that the wife having a job is a good thing, but I still think that the man should still be the main provider. Think about it. Can a woman work when she is pregnant? Not so much. Also, when there is a baby in the house, will you really be able to work when you are up half of the night? The husband has to do it, because he is the main provider, but the woman will not be able to have the stamina to do anything at that point.
ReplyDeleteNow if the husband loses his job, it becomes almost a must for the wife to look for a job too. I think that the wife having an education is very very essential, so schooling is very important.