Monday, September 20, 2010

My first true rant

Oh the limits of teenage language, was one of the first things that popped into my head as I walked out of school today. I had a class today where people around me were talking about inappropriate matters and swearing, then I walked out and people were constantly calling each other dude, etc. While I can see people saying, "Hi guys," or "Hi dude," once or twice, I don't believe that we need to start every sentence with it. I'm not saying that we need to speak like Shakespeare or Dumas, but we do not need to sound totally illiterate. Swearing in my opinion is the worse way to talk. Some may argue the need for colorful language to express our opinions. I truly doubt that. It sounds much more colorful to say something else then to put all your feelings in one word form that take's the Lord's name in vain... End of my first true rant.

Quote of the day- "The limits of our language are the limits of our world."

2 comments:

  1. It's so true, once I heard a quote, something like "swearing shows a lack of vocabulary and smarts" You know why? because swearing is just substituting words because you can't find the true ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed!!! There's tons of other words in the English language, if the only one you can think of to express your opinion is a swear, they're probably not the most creative people out there. :(

    ReplyDelete