Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hestia- Free verse Poem

This is something I wrote for the wiki. It may seem really weird because I'm attempting to write free verse poetry... So here it goes.

Rich chocolate locks, curled, and sleek fall over her kneeling frame.
She stares into the water to see the world of the hidden.
The effervescent wind beats against her as small strands carress such a fair face.
She stoops as she stands, with grace and power and slowly lifts her head from the translucent waters.
Her lashes show long and dark,
Her brow is raised and supernal
Her eyes are the color of the universe's end, going on past any true reality.
Her expression is harsh, determined and real.
Her gait is strait and fixed, she knows her way through the forrested maze.
The plants and animals follow as her guard.
A soft glow aurates from her skin. Gently as she passes the leaves they raise to try to greet her.
She smiles and brushes her porcelain hands up to touch their surfaces.
She continues on in her dedicated gait,
friends on either side,
her eyes are glowing.
She is power and pride,
She is Hestia.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I write a lot of free verse, I don't do rhyme and I have to say, You are amazing!!!! I could barely do this!!!!

    ReplyDelete