Well, today was the first day of Marching Band. Yay! I only felt like an idiot a few times... eye roll, sigh, annoyance, berating. Anyways! Mr. H. read us this poem that is in the leadership handbook. I really liked it, so I've attached it. Cross country is going well. It's not easy and requires a ton of patience. I had to get a pair of shoes so I don't get too injured. Now this part is nifty. They analyze your foot! Yes. I see you in staring in wonder at the screen, but it is true! Then once they've analyzed it, they bring you over about 10 pairs of shoes that you can try on. Then, you can mix and match pairs while you run on a tread-mill and up and down the isles. So, needless to say I was kept fairly entertained for a hour and a half, and I was even rushed! They are so much nicer and help my running a lot, so luckily my foot doesn't feel like the insert has come out anymore!
ONLY A PERSON WHO RISKS IS FREE
by Author Unknown
To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach for another is to risk involvement.
To expose your ideas, your dreams,
before a crowd is to risk their loss.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying.
To believe is to risk despair.
To try is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken, because the
greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The people who risk nothing, do nothing,
have nothing, are nothing.
They may avoid suffering and sorrow,
but they cannot learn, feel, change,
grow, love, live.
Chained by their attitudes they are slaves;
they have forfeited their freedom.
Only a person who risks is free.
-unknown
They analyze your foot?! What for?! :D
ReplyDeleteI like that poem, it was interesting!
I am so in love with this poem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS TOTALLY AMAZING!!!!!
ReplyDelete